Friday was my day off so I had a bit of a lazy day. I did however decide to make some brooches, I just need to get the brooch backs to complete them.
09 Jan 2013 1 Comment
Very quick little one. This is a cone for hanging on a door handle or generally for carrying some of those little Easter eggs in.
Very simple felt cone with a pink daisy. My stitches, I realised after, were horribly untidy behind the handle so I cut out a little ladybird from some of the patterned felt I bought and attached him on top of the messy bit.
09 Jan 2013 Leave a comment
Yet another little cross stitch – this time it’s batman who gets done.
P is a big batman fan so I wanted to make a little something. Currently unsure whether I’ll frame it or not.
I suspect the next thing I’ll be making will be with felt but unsure quite what yet. But I got a massive pack of mixed sheets for my Christmas so I’ll get my thinking cap on.
02 Jan 2013 Leave a comment
So after I did my owl what was next? I had New Year’s Day looming ahead of me and after a bit of a walk I was keen to get stitching.
I wanted to try my hand at some words but didn’t want to do anything too long (or difficult!) and so came across the idea of making something for my sisters new home. The words were at least taken care of so I didn’t need to use any real creativity there. It took a little while to find a font I liked, some felt a little too grown up and stuffy but eventually I found a website with some free patterns.
I knew I wanted the wording off set so I could do some kind of picture on it too but then I had to find a suitable image to use. I hummed and hawed for a while before settling on and then finding a picture.
The outline really makes a difference though
The final article framed up
01 Jan 2013 2 Comments
So here he is, my very first picture cross stitch.
I’d done a little card for my brother in laws birthday and enjoyed it so I decided to try a picture. A quick google and found this patten which I loved. Although I decided to make mine pink instead.
I made a few mistakes, I mis-counted the lines and didn’t realise until it was too late. But luckily I was able to work around it. There are also a couple of untidy bits which will bother me but over all I’m happy.
Coming to the end I only had the leaves to add but having looked again and again I decided to leave as is.